Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

back to reality

Today is the end of my blissful avoidance of what reality is going to be. Tomorrow, I am on my own with both kids. Bear is 2 1/2 weeks old...so that is pretty impressive that I have gone this long with at least one extra set of hands on deck. And in typical fashion, I have something planned for us tomorrow. It is either brilliant or stupid to have planned something, I guess that answer will be evident when we return from our planned adventure. Tomorrow we are going to a local park with my MOM's club for an Easter Egg Hunt. Not only is it an event, but it is an event where The Mayor will be free. Free to roam and run and play. And I will have a 2 1/2 week old strapped to my chest in the Baby Bjorn (which I am going to quickly learn will be my new best friend). She will be contained and happy and I will have both hands free to help The Mayor find his eggs, decorate cookies and play on the playground. And I am almost 100% certain that tomorrow is going to go just as planned...smoothly. I know, I laughed while I wrote it.

Oh well, gotta pull the band-aid off at some point and dive right in. Life can't stop because I have a newborn...The Mayor needs to get out and play and burn off that 2 year old energy. And if tomorrow goes smoothly, then I am a trooper for just diving in...and if it is an absolute nightmare, then I can be proud that I will have survived. So I guess, either way, it is a win-win for me. At least I will keep telling myself that while I am trying to hold back the tears...

my sweet little lady

No comments:

Post a Comment