Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

it's time

So yesterday was the countdown and today the countdown was shot down. I had my 38 week checkup this afternoon to be told my blood pressure was up. It was so elevated my midwife told me to not pass go, do not collect $200, to go straight to the hospital. So I went home, packed a bag for The Mayor, took him to PopPop and Mamie's house and headed to the hospital. We have been here ever since. They are inducing me and tomorrow, we will be meeting our baby girl.

Apparently my children love to enter the world dramatically. This is so similar to The Mayor's birth. In fact, I am in the exact same birthing room where I had The Mayor. And the same midwife who delivered him, will be delivering her. It could not be more perfect. This isn't how I envisioned her birth being but this is obviously God's plan. And I am ok with that.

For now, The Mayor is asleep at PopPop and Mamie's and Meega and my husband are here entertaining me. Aunt Nat is also on her way from South Georgia. Going to be a long night but so excited for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment