Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

love at first sight

Yesterday, we welcomed our daughter into the world. And just like the day her sweet brother was born, it was love at first sight. How we have been doubly blessed with such beautiful, sweet, wonderful children, I will never know. But God has been so good.

Her entrance into the world wasn't what we expected, but we are so glad she is here. Thankfully, her labor was a lot shorter than her brother's and after only 4 pushes, we saw her angelic face. She entered the world so quickly, the nurses that were supposed to be in the room to tend to her after she was born weren't in there yet. So I got to have her on my chest for her first 15 minutes of life. What a way to spend time with my baby girl. And just as I thought, her daddy was immediately hooked. She already has him wrapped around her teeny tiny finger.

She was born Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM. She weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces and was 20 inches in length. No one in that room thought she weighed that much. Our midwife guessed she was 6 pounds 10 ounces because she is so tiny. She weighs one ounce more than The Mayor did, but she is so much smaller...weird.

She has a precious little cry. So dainty...just like her. And just like her brother, she loves to sleep. She is my little cuddle bug. I will enjoy it since this will probably be our last and it goes by so quickly. Need to soak up all the cuddling with my babies while I can!

The Mayor came to see us today at the hospital. It was so good to see him. I have missed him so much. We can not wait to get home tomorrow so we can all be together. Our family...finally complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment