Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

could have gone either way

When you wake up to a cold and rainy Saturday, your day can go one of two ways. It can be a "I'm not going to do anything except crawl back into bed and hide under my covers, watch every cheesy movie on the Lifetime network and eat foods where the first ingredient is sugar...or chocolate" or it can be like our day. Everyone was in a great mood, happy, obedient, perfect. Not typical behavior when it is cold, wet and dreary. But I will take it.

After breakfast and some playtime in the basement, we decided to venture out and head to a covered playground a few miles away. Why not? The equipment will be dry and the kids can run around. I thought every other parent would have the same idea and it would be packed...there was not a soul there. We had the entire park to ourselves. It was fantastic. And then I was mad I didn't bring my camera. Because I thought it was going to be packed I didn't bring it because I didn't want to have to keep up with one more thing. Oh well, I took some pictures with the camera on my phone...so they aren't the best quality.

The Mayor, Love Bug, D and I went down the slides, ran around, let Love Bug play on the toddler slides and then D helped The Mayor climb up a 15 foot rope pyramid (and I almost had a panic attack). It was amazing to see my little 3 year old boy climbing this rope pyramid by himself. He listened to D when D told him where to place his feet and The Mayor scaled it like a monkey. He had no fear. And the few times he would slip, he caught himself, yelled at his feet (seriously, he literally said "come on feet"...hysterical), and kept on going. He got to the top and just smiled. And waved down to me and Love Bug. We were so proud.

Lunch, naps and some more playtime rounded out this surprisingly fun, rainy Saturday. Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.





No comments:

Post a Comment