Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

happy 1st birthday love bug

Today, Love Bug turned 1.

And the best gift ever...she woke up with no fever and not covered in vomit. The virus has finally left the building. A great birthday gift indeed.

After we dropped off The Mayor at school, I treated Love Bug to a birthday breakfast...donuts! She had her first donut today and duh, she loved it. She was a hit at the donut place today...everyone in the joint came up to say hi to her and tell me how cute she is. I couldn't agree more. After it took her 45 minutes to eat her donut (she is such a lady...eating so daintily and slowly), we went to a local bakery to pick up some cupcakes so the 4 of us could celebrate her birthday tonight.

her first donut

D came home early and we went to Mexican for birthday dinner and came home for birthday cupcakes. She didn't know what to think of her birthday cupcake. She picked the whole thing up and I had the camera waiting just hoping she was going to go mouth first into the sugary sweet but then she put it down and just looked at it...and then looked at us...clearly, she is not my daughter. I am going to have to work on her.

D put some icing on his finger and she licked it off...and she looked like she liked it. But being the lady she is, she refused to pick up the cupcake and eat it. She would only eat the icing or cake from our fingers. Oh well, she can try again Saturday with her smash cake.

I just can't believe my sweet girl is 1 year old. This year has come and gone so quickly and now my baby is gone. We are now heading into the toddler years. So bittersweet. I love seeing how much she is growing and changing and I can't wait to see the person she becomes. But I do miss that sweet, wrinkly newborn who cuddled with me for hours on end.

Happy 1st birthday Love Bug. Thank you for completing our family. We are so blessed.


this is when I thought she was going to dive in...mouth first...

...but no luck


i'm done

No comments:

Post a Comment