Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

hold them extra tight

Today is what I would classify as a bad mommy day. Short fused, overly tired, wishing I could just crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. And after the kids were asleep and I got to sit down and attempt to forget today, I read about a young couple from Brooklyn with an 18 month old daughter. The husband, Nathan, was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer and 9 days later, his wife, Elisa, was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.

It made me stop in my tracks.

I bet they would do anything to change places with me. I am healthy. My husband is healthy. My children are healthy. At least today. So I need to be thankful for what I have been blessed with and work on not letting the stupid things, the little things, the nothing things get under my skin. Because tomorrow it could all change. I mean, really change. And I would be so mad at myself for being irritated at these stupid things and for not soaking in every single moment that I have with the 3 loves of my life. Today is a gift.

my loves

No comments:

Post a Comment