Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

12 years


12 years ago today, D and I got married.  D, without a doubt, is the love of my life.  I could not be happier with the life we have built and I am proud of where we are in life.  It hasn't always been easy and I love that we are so committed to making a happy life for ourselves and our children.

Saturday morning, we took the kids to a train museum.  It was a reward for The Mayor having such a great day on Friday (long story...different blog post).  He was beyond excited.  He literally ran into the museum and yelled "this is amazing!!!".  D and I laughed...we didn't even know he knew that word nor the context of it.  Love Bug absolutely loved seeing his brother so excited which in turn made her excited.

After the museum and lunch, we headed home for naps.  D and I did some odds and ends around the house before the babysitter arrived.  We were thrilled about date night.

We went to one of our favorite restaurants.  We enjoyed a bottle of wine, some to-die-for steaks and split the yummy tiramisu pictured above.  It was nice being together without the kids and reminiscing about the last 12 years.

This morning we took the kids out for breakfast and enjoyed a nice day at home.  The weather was beautiful, so D took them outside to play while I clipped about 3 weeks worth of coupons.  The remaining highlights of the day were skyping with MeMe and Big Daddy and me going grocery shopping with Meega after the kids were asleep.

In two weeks we will be loading up and heading south for Thanksgiving...where has this year gone??

The absolute best part of this anniversary is knowing we will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary in Panama City Beach because D got into the 2012 IronMan Panama City!  It is really a huge deal.  Registration opened today at 1:00 and 20 minutes later, it was completely sold out.  He is thrilled.  And I am a little shocked that a race which requires you to compete over 140.6 miles sold out in 20 minutes.  But I will be there cheering my man on!  Can't wait!

on one of the trains 
(sadly, I forgot my camera and had to use the camera on my phone)


The Mayor being The Mayor


No comments:

Post a Comment