Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 28, 2011

impromptu playdate


Today was a cold and rainy day.  And I didn't feel one ounce of guilt for having the TV on all day long either.  And just around 11:00 when the kids were getting a little bored, Meega, Bennett and my friend Carolyn and her 3 boys all came over for an impromptu playdate...the best kind.  We were all in our comfy clothes and the 3 of us enjoyed chit-chatting while the 6 kids all played quietly and nicely in the family room.  Our impromptu playdate lasted until 1:00, then my kiddos ate lunch and then Love Bug went down for a nap.  While she napped, I put a movie on for The Mayor while I tackled a project that I have been dreading.  The desk in our kitchen.

This area is a blessing and a curse all in one.  It is wonderful to have the storage and organizational opportunities, but it also becomes a "catch-all" for everything.  And that is what ours had turned into.  We had probably 2 feet worth of mail just stacked...all of it junk just waiting to be shredded.  So I tackled this area and concurred the thorn in my side.  Now the desk is clean and bare...the way we love it.

Tomorrow the highs are in the 30s and we could see some wintery mix.  So insane especially since less than a week ago we were enjoying 80 degree weather in South Georgia.  Thank goodness I just did some winter clothes shopping for the munchkins...time to break out the fleece!

Love Bug and JT

Love Bug and Bennett

making her "fish face"

The Mayor took this picture...he is becoming quite the photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment