Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

bragging on my favorites


For as long as I can remember, when I tell my kids I love them I say "I love you so much".  And it melts my heart when The Mayor says "I love you so much momma".  And it is always followed by "you are my favorite boy".  And if I ask "Are you my favorite boy" he says "yes".  I do the same with Love Bug because of course she is my absolute favorite girl.

Most afternoons, The Mayor and I spend some time cuddling in the recliner while Love Bug naps.  Since The Mayor doesn't nap anymore, he is always up for a little rest time with me in the afternoon.  He will climb up in the chair with me and we will watch a program that we have on DVR.  Today he chose "How The Grinch Stole Christmas".  He sat next to me while I had my arm around him and he had his little legs pulled into his chest while he sucked his thumb watching "The Grinch".  I just took in the moment.  So quiet and cuddly...knowing this wouldn't last forever.  I kissed his head and said "I love you so much"...he said, while his thumb was still in his mouth, "I love you so much".  I kissed him again and said "you are my favorite boy".  And today, for the first time, he pulled his thumb out of his mouth and said "you are my favorite mom", then put his thumb back in and continued watching.  I just stared at him...my heart swelling with love.  I just love that sweet boy.

Love Bug is now starting to say "love you" when we tell her we love her so much.  And it is precious because she says "yove ew", the emphasis is on "ew" and it is drawn out.  She is now starting to say it unprompted...which just makes it extra special.  Don't get me wrong, it is super sweet to hear her say it even if we say "Love Bug, say I love you".  But when we tell her we love her and her immediate response is "yove ew"...whew...I just love my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment