Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I want to remember this


Dear The Mayor and Love Bug,

I just want you to know I strive everyday to be a better mother to you both.  I am constantly a work in progress and will unfortunately disappoint you and let you down sometimes but promise to love you unconditionally.  You two are the loves of my life and I thank God every single night for blessing me with you both.  I love you both for everything that you are and everything you will strive to be, but mostly for the very simple things.  The way you smile or laugh or the way you look when sitting quietly.  I am so thankful I am able to stay home with you two.  I wouldn't want to miss this stage for the world.

I love you more than words could ever express,
Mom

Tonight was just a simple and sweet night.  After dinner, we all went upstairs to the playroom and I just sat in awe at my family.  Watching the way D watched The Mayor while they played with toys melted my heart, and hearing Love Bug's sweet voice as she fed each of us with the play food and then asked us if we wanted "more?".  We would say "yes please", she would go to the bin, pick a new food item and walk it over to us to feed us.  She would smile and say "more?", we would say "yes please" and the cycle would repeat.

My heart melted when The Mayor asked his sister if she would feed him and hearing her say "oh sure", watching her pick up the food, walk it over to The Mayor, feed him and hearing him say "awwww, thanks sweetie".

These are the moments that make all of the hard days melt away and become forgotten.  These are the moments that refresh my attitude and have me look forward to the new day I get to spend with my loves.  The simple things...this is what life is all about.  And I love it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment