Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

nobody said it would be easy


I am pretty sure I was born to be The Mayor and Love Bug's mom.  Ever since I can remember, the one and only job I wanted was to be a mom.  Being a mother, a parent, is so stressful.  Nobody tells you how much you are going to worry about your children.  And if someone does attempt to tell you, you absolutely can not fathom the kind of worry you will have.  You can't fathom it because you just don't know what love truly is until you become a mom.  So until you know the love that comes with being a mother, you can not understand the stress and worry that comes with loving someone as much as your children.

I can literally cry when I think of my kids.  My heart swells with pride when I look in their adorable faces.  I love my children.

And the worrying...it only gets worse.  When they are newborn, you worry you are going to drop them, or fall down the stairs while holding them, or whether you will know if they are crying because they are hungry or wet or tired...and as they get older, you worry will they make friends, will they be kind, will they enjoy school...and I am totally dreading the worry that will occur once my sweets are teens.  Pretty sure I will develop an ulcer.

But the beauty of the worry is I have yet to meet anyone who wouldn't do it all over again.  I wanted my children.  I needed my children.  And I will gladly take the ulcers that come with loving and worrying for my children.

Being a parent isn't easy...nobody said it would be...but you better believe it is absolutely worth it.

1 comment: