Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

new traditions


I missed the last 7 nights with the kids.  I have never missed putting them down for bed for more than one night...so missing 7 nights was torture, but working on that project kept me from being home at bedtime.  D told me the kids had some new routines for bedtime and tonight they showed me.

The first one is after bath.  They get out of the tub, each wrap up into their towels and then curl up on D's bath mat.  The Mayor then asks to have his back scratched (he is so my kid) and then Love Bug helps D scratch The Mayor's back.  They looked absolutely adorable curled up in their towels, lying next to each other, giggling.

They each run to their rooms to get their PJs on and then meet back in Love Bug's room.  They each grab pillows, lie down and get covered up with Love Bug's 3 pink blankets.  They say goodnight and D leaves the room.  He lets them "talk" to each other for a few minutes before it is time for each to go to their own rooms for the night.





I really love this stage with the kids.  They adore each other.  Love Bug looks up to her older brother and The Mayor loves to protect his younger sister.

This afternoon while Love Bug was napping, The Mayor saw a picture of Love Bug and he said "look at my cute little sister.  She is so cute!  And look at her eyes, she is so happy!"  First, I was so proud of all of those words that he put together!  But secondly, I was so proud of the love pouring out of him over his sister.  He didn't even realize I was listening when he was talking to the picture frame.

Today was pretty uneventful...just how I like it.  We went shopping for some deck furniture; I wish I could just make up my mind.  I am so wishy-washy when it comes to big purchases...it's annoying.  Tomorrow we have church and I am hoping we can squeeze in a family walk.  This weather is amazing; the temperatures have cooled a bit into the 70s so it actually feels like spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment