Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

all grownup



It is sad to say, and it is probably true in most households, the master bedroom is usually the last room to be decorated.  Think about it, it is usually the last room anyone sees so it is usually the room the least amount of effort is put in to.  Which is sad.  It should be our sanctuary.  So over the last year or so, I have slowly been working on our room.  The first portion was the bedding...and now I am on to accessories.  For the past 4 years, the accessories in our room have been pictures of The Mayor and Love Bug.  And I LOVE my kids, but I want to move the kids out of the master bedroom.  Without getting too personal, D and I just shouldn't be looking at pictures of the kids above our headboard or on our dresser when pulling out our PJs and socks.  So today, I moved on to making our master bedroom all grown up.  

For the past 4 years, we have had 3 11x14 frames over the headboard with black and white photos of The Mayor from when he was 6 weeks old.  Today, they came down.  And I purchased two gorgeous glass candle scones and a large metal scroll piece.  I L-O-V-E it.  Seriously, I sat in our room for hours this afternoon just looking at our wall.  I feel so grownup all of a sudden.  And...I also found bath mats that I love!  Why I ever shop retail is beyond me.  I went to Homegoods today and found these Ralph Lauren bath mats...which are AWESOME...and are about 1/2 the price of what I was going to pay for subpar bath mats that I was going to purchase yesterday from Target.  And the metal pieces above the bed were all purchased at Hobby Lobby and all of them were 50% off.  I could EASILY decorate my house just from Hobby Lobby alone.  How I am just now stumbling on to this masterpiece of a store is just beyond me.  

Once I find some curtains for the master bathroom I will feel like our space is done.  It is slowly becoming our space...and I love that.

our awesome bathmats...how awesome are these??

our grownup bed...LOVE the metal pieces

stumbled onto this awesomeness at Homegoods today...it would look A-MA-ZING in our master bedroom...sadly, not in the budget :(

No comments:

Post a Comment