Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 10, 2011

three dollars worth of happiness


We have lived in our house for 8 years.  This is the longest I have ever lived in one house my entire life.  Since moving isn't an option, I am trying to come up with new and cheap ways to fall in love again with my house.  Today's obsession was the master bathroom and the remedy was bath mats.  I don't know...sometimes I really wonder what the heck goes on in my head.  For whatever reason I woke up this morning with our bathroom on the brain and just knew if I could find bath mats, it would totally transform the room.  

I loaded the kids up and we were off to Target.  And I found bath mats but nothing I really loved.  But then I also thought we needed an area rug in the bathroom and then a large round cream distressed table...yes, our bathroom is that big.  It is single-handedly the biggest waste of space...ever.  I found a great rug on clearance but it wasn't quite perfect for the bathroom...and I didn't want to get it just because it was a great price.  So we left the bathroom area with no bath mats and ideas just swirling around the brain.

We wandered down to the Halloween section to see if any new decorations that I haven't already looked at and/or already purchased had ended up on the shelves.  Nothing new.  But thank you to the great people at Target for not only putting Halloween decorations up a month ago but also putting out some Christmas decorations.  And I will thank Jesus for the next one...for blessing me with a son who is as obsessed with Christmas decorations as I am.  He ran to the same silver Christmas tree that he has run to the last 5 visits to Target and kept telling me to look at it.  He asked over and over if we could get Christmas lights and if we could put up his Christmas tree.  I told him no (but secretly wished we could) and stumbled on to some Halloween lights...for $3.  Compromise.  I grabbed two boxes and have now ghettoed up the windows in the kitchen.  Most people would wrap them around the deck or their staircase or put them in the bushes.  But not us...because we want to see them all of the time.  So they are wrapped around my cornice boards and windows in the kitchen.  And all of the lights are off in the house so we can sit here by the light of the orange, green and purple awesomeness.  

so proud of his lights

poor Love Bug still eating her dinner in only the light of the Halloween lights


No comments:

Post a Comment