Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

chaos lives here


Not one person in this household wasn't ready for bed last night by 7:00 and that includes all of the adults.  Friday night was a late night of traveling for the in-laws and party prep for me and D.  And after one awesome day of partying with our almost 4 year old, we were just wiped.  I am pretty sure both The Mayor and Love Bug were asleep before their heads hit their pillows and D and I were not far behind.  And even after a good 10 hours of sleep for me, I was still exhausted today.

The house is chaotic.  There are toys everywhere.  And I didn't do one thing today to help organize them all.  We just let the kids enjoy all the new toys and spent hours outside enjoying this gorgeous fall weather.  The chaos will be there tomorrow...and hopefully then I will have a smidge more energy.

The Mayor received a Missile Launch Pad toy and it is so much fun.  It is an outside toy and you put this lightweight missile onto the launch pad and stomp on this blue bag that pushes air through and shoots the missile in the air.  The harder you jump on this blue bag, the higher the missile goes.  Everyone had so much fun taking turns to see who could shoot the missile the highest.  And the 'most talented award' goes to The Mayor who managed to get a missile stuck in a tree.  But thanks to D, after about 8 attempts, he threw a ball into the tree and dislodged it.  Our hero.

D lit another fire in our firepit and we took a break from the missile launch to enjoy some s'mores.  We have eaten horribly this weekend, so why not go out with a bang?  I love this time of year.

Tomorrow I must get this house in order.  The chaos can only go on so long.  Tuesday is The Mayor's actual birthday and I need to get some cupcakes made for his class.  The celebration continues.

D showing The Mayor how the missile launch works

watching the missile soar in the sky

D showing The Mayor how to REALLY get the missile to soar

like father, like son

posing next to the cling letters he put up today

my gorgeous girl


No comments:

Post a Comment