Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

happy 4th birthday to the mayor


Today my first baby is 4.  I really wish time would slow...time is going way too quickly.  It does make me unbelievably grateful to be home with these two sweets of mine.

We had an amazing day.  It was a school day for The Mayor, so after drop off, Love Bug and I went to Starbucks with Meega to celebrate her birthday - I love how Meega and The Mayor share a birthday.  After breakfast, we went to Target and then home to play.  We went to The Mayor's school early to bring cupcakes; The Mayor was so excited when we walked in to celebrate his birthday.  The kids were so sweet and they sang "Happy Birthday" to The Mayor before digging into the cupcakes.  And the best part, D was able to watch via the cameras that are in The Mayor's classroom.

After cupcakes, Love Bug and The Mayor had haircuts.  Love Bug was perfect, sat their quietly while she had her mullet cut off.  The Mayor was better than the last 2 haircuts he has had.  I wish I knew why he suddenly hated haircuts.  He asked to sit on my lap, refused the cape and I told him he could hold my phone.  He watched some Thomas videos on YouTube and that actually preoccupied him so his hair could be cut.  The lady was about 95% complete when The Mayor started to get antsy, but to be fair to The Mayor, he has so much hair that it usually takes over 20 minutes to cut and that is a long time to get a 4 year old to sit, especially one who now hates to have his hair cut.  I did have to hold him still for the last few snips, which resulted in some tears.  But it was a million times better than the last two fiascos we have experienced during haircuts.  So I will gladly take this experience.

The Mayor wanted pizza for his birthday dinner, so we went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner and then Yogli Mogli for frozen yogurt for dessert.  A delicious birthday dinner.  And The Mayor was thrilled to have received calls from MeMe, Big Daddy, Aunt Nat (and Trey and Luke got on the phone to talk to him as well).  He loved actually talking on the phone while they wished him a happy birthday and asked about his day.  It was sweet hearing him talk to them and saying "thank you" and "I love you too" when they spoke to him.  He loved having all of this special attention on his special day.  He is really catching on to his birthday and that it is such a special day!

Happy 4th Birthday my sweet boy!

she thought she was such a big girl getting to sit at The Mayor's table in his class



enjoying her lollipop after her haircut

handsome boy

opening his birthday present from me and D





No comments:

Post a Comment