Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

practice makes...

not perfect, but I will still take the practice. Today, I was the lucky aunt and was Bennett's first babysitter. Meega had a doctor's appointment, so Bennett came over to play with me and The Mayor. Balancing the needs of a 2 year old and a 6 week old...gave me a little glimpse into what my life will be like in 8 1/2 weeks. The Mayor wanted to be everywhere Bennett was. He wanted to kiss on him, hug on him, help me feed him...he didn't want to leave our side. When Bennett was in my lap eating from his bottle, The Mayor was right behind, climbing up into my lap and wanting to hold the bottle. Then he would lean over and give Bennett kisses. It was so sweet and made me realize he is going to be such a sweet and caring big brother. But it is going to be tough. All of my friends with more than one child have said going from one to two children is the toughest. You really take for granted just having the one child to focus on. I am pretty sure I will be exhausted for the first couple of months, but I know it will be so worth it!

I can hear The Mayor waking up from his nap. He just said "momma, are you?". So for now, I am going to get my precious boy and enjoy the fact that it is just him for the next 8 1/2 weeks and spoil him rotten with my time.

watching over his cousin

The Mayor wanted to lie down next to Bennett

I can't believe The Mayor used to be that little...

giving Bennett a kiss...this was kiss number 37 of the day

soothing his cousin by rocking his chair

No comments:

Post a Comment