Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 11, 2010

will it ever end?

Seriously, there has to be an end in sight...Day 11 of the first month of the new year and someone in this household has been sick every single one of those days. It started with The Mayor and an upper respiratory virus, moved on to daddy who I believe came down with a case of the flu and then me, I think I had a touch of the upper respiratory virus The Mayor had. The past couple of days The Mayor has seemed like he was on the mend. His fever was gone and his cough was getting so much better...until today. He was acting weird during breakfast; he kept saying he wanted to go "nite nite", even though he had just woken up, and he wasn't interested in eating. A few minutes later...there it was...vomit. 2 years, 2 1/2 months we have gone with The Mayor never throwing up and today was our day. He threw up twice. We went straight to the doctor...I wasn't messing around especially since he had such a bad time with the upper respiratory virus. He was diagnosed with an ear infection and may have a stomach virus. Off we went to Publix to get the prescriptions filled, when...there it was again. He threw up while in his stroller 10 feet from the entrance into Publix. Stripping down a sick child in the parking lot of a grocery store when it is 35 degrees outside...well, let's just say I can think of much better ways to spend my morning. Luckily, my winter coat was in the car so I bundled him up in that to keep him from freezing to death.

Thank goodness my parents only live 3 miles from me and my dad was home. He was able to get the prescriptions to Publix for me while I gave The Mayor a bath and put him in some PJs. Some much needed cuddle time while watching "Cars" took us to nap time, when The Mayor all but asked to be put to bed. You know your baby isn't feeling well when he doesn't leave your lap for over an hour (when he usually won't sit still if he is awake) and then shakes his head "yes" when you ask him if he is tired and wants to go "nite nite". Hopefully a long nap will give The Mayor some energy and he will at least feel like drinking some fluids.

Day 11 of the first month of the new year and I am already done...bring on February...

1 comment: