Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

what...a...day...

Oh man. "What a day" doesn't even cover it. We woke The Mayor up at 8AM so we could get him into the bath, feed him breakfast and load him up in the car by 8:45 so we could head to Chattanooga. We were going to Chattanooga to meet up with our favorite photographer for The Mayor's 2 year pictures. She normally comes to Atlanta, but she has been on maternity leave and we just love her so much that we offered to meet her half way in Chattanooga. We were meeting at a local park at 11AM. It was pretty cold, but considering the weather and the fact that The Mayor is 2, it went very well...

...until we had been at it for about an hour and The Mayor was getting tired. So we stopped for a while to let him have a snack and then continued with some pictures. We found the perfect spot for some last photos...the lighting was great, the scenery was perfect...if only The Mayor was willing to participate. We tried to push it just another 5 minutes...BIG mistake. I am not sure what I was thinking when we planned a road trip with The Mayor, but I did not pack one single toy. I guess since we had our portable DVD player in the car and he was entertained with a movie on the way there, I didn't think I was going to need a toy. Lesson learned. To try to pacify him and get him to cooperate by allowing us to take some pictures, we gave him daddy's iPhone. And in a fit of 2 year old rage, The Mayor proceeded to throw the phone down on the ground and the glass screen of the phone shattered into a hundred pieces. Gag. My husband just walked away and I wanted to cry.

Instead of sticking around Chattanooga to enjoy lunch and a trip to the aquarium, we loaded up and headed home. After arriving home, we headed to the mall and luckily the folks at the Apple store were able to replace the screen...for a "small" fee of course, but it saved us from having to buy a new phone. The Mayor has lost his iPhone privileges...obviously...and I have learned to always have toys in my diaper bag...especially when expecting my toddler to be a happy participant in an hour long photo session.

Sadly, no pictures were actually taken by me today to capture the roller coaster of a day we had. But I can not wait to see the pictures from the actual photo session. It will be so much fun to compare these pictures from the pictures she took last year. The Mayor has changed so much.

It is now past 8:00 in the evening, and The Mayor is down for the night. Thankfully tomorrow is a new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment