Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

rules don't apply here

This is a plaque that should be mounted on the doorway to the entrance of my parent's home. And in my next life, I want to come back as a grandchild to them. Last night, as almost every Wednesday night, Mamie and PopPop watched The Mayor so we could go to our small group. While on our way to small group, I receive a text message with a photo of The Mayor enjoying his own individual mini-pint of Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream. Yes, this is the $1 one serving portion size, but for a 2 year old, I can only imagine the look in his eyes when this was placed in front of him. I responded with "please tell me he ate dinner" to which my father responded "ok. He ate dinner". Such a lie! Where was this treatment when I was a kid? Not only was ice cream a rare treat, but I am pretty sure it wasn't offered up to me INSTEAD of eating a dinner. Must be nice to be a grandchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment