Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

we're getting there...

It is slow but steady. But we are definitely getting there. After one month of someone in this house being sick, we finally got around to painting The Mayor's new big boy bedroom. And by "we", I of course mean my fantastic husband. I was on "Mayor" duty.

The project officially started yesterday morning when my husband/father of the year woke up on a Saturday morning at 6:45 to get the last few items in the room emptied out and the room prepped...and then the ceiling was painted. The Mayor and I were up and out running errands earlier than normal, but we wanted to be out of the way and avoid as many paint fumes as possible. We stopped by the house around 10:30 AM to pick something up when my husband informed me that he was starting to get sick. Not from the painting, but had the feeling of the flu again. He already had a fever, aches, pains and chills. Not again! Obviously the painting came to a halt and he was laid out all day long.

We were fortunate that a great nights sleep (we were both in bed by 8:30) seemed to do the trick and he woke up feeling 100% better. So after a few more hours of prep (taping off the trim), he got started painting the walls around 2:00 and finished about 5 hours later. But that includes painting the bedroom, the closet, the bathroom and the vanity area. He is a machine!

It looks amazing. I am so happy with the color. Next step, need to put up the crown molding and then get The Mayor moved in. Hopefully, this will all be done in the next week or so. I am ready to get The Mayor's new bedding washed and put into his crib and get his curtains put up and the room decorated. He is moving on from his baby bedding into some big boy train bedding. Can't believe my baby is two. Such a big boy!

Pictures will be posted once the room is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment