Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

cherish these moments

I am 0 for 2 in regards to taking pictures for the blog. Meega and Bennett came over, and although there were many precious moments that should have been captured, I just enjoyed sitting back and watching them take place in front of my eyes.

Last night, a sweet little baby girl named Aubrey Bowden went on to be with her Heavenly Father. She was 1 year old and was suffering from a rare cancer. In my former life of working girl, I worked with her father. My husband, who works at the same company I used to, has the pleasure of working with him. I can not imagine the pain of holding your sweet baby in your arms and having to say good-bye. I know loss, I lost my mother to cancer when I was 13. And as difficult as that was, there can be no more harder pain to go through than losing a child.

I received word on Aubrey's passing in the wee hours of the morning. Through a haze of tears, I stumbled to The Mayor's bedroom and just watched him sleeping peacefully. It took every fiber of my being not to pick him up from his deep slumber and put him into bed with us for the night.

It is a gentle reminder to cherish these moments. They are so fleeting. We aren't guaranteed anything, so we need to make the most of the seconds we are blessed with.

And to Aubrey...you are with your Father now. You know no more pain. Rest easy baby girl, and because of your parent's faith, you will be reunited again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment