Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 19, 2010

send in the clowns

This morning, The Mayor and I ventured back downtown to go to the circus! We went with some moms and their kids from our MOM's club. One of our moms hooked us up with some VIP tickets. And I mean VIP. We had private parking, access directly to our suite and when we didn't use the suite to let the kids run around, we were sitting about 10 rows up, front and center, from the show. It was amazing!

I did however panic when I read last night that the show was 2 hours long with a 15 minute intermission. Yikes! The Mayor is definitely not one to sit still in a chair for long...and 2 hours, well, that would definitely require a miracle from Jesus himself. This mommy did a lot of praying this morning while getting ready. Another night of little sleep for me, I prayed hard for patience and for a 2 year old that would cooperate and somehow sit still during the show. We serve a great God because The Mayor was very well behaved.

Before the show officially started, The Mayor sat quietly in his own seat and watched the clowns entertain the crowd. Once the show officially started, The Mayor wanted to sit in my lap to take it all in. This could not have made me happier. I love it when my little man wants to sit in my lap and cuddle. We watched the elephants, horses and zebras run around the rings. Once the animal portion was over, it got really loud and a little overwhelming for my 2 year old. But instead of fussing or trying to run away, he turned himself over, curled up on my shoulder and sucked his thumb. He stayed like that for the next 40 minutes. If I had known he would have had this reaction to the circus, we would have gone to see this show a long time ago! Cuddling with my sweet boy made my day. About 10 minutes before the intermission, he decided to sit back in his seat and have a little snack. During intermission, we took the kids down to our suite to let them burn off some energy. Since The Mayor and his friend Blake weren't really into the circus, we decided to bring the boys home and take them to lunch. A nice lunch out with friends rounded out a fantastic morning.

This weekend will bring lots of sunshine and warmer weather. Today was a great start to what will be a wonderful weekend.

sitting like a big boy...watching the clowns perform before the show officially started

he loved the elephants, he used his arm like the elephant's trunk to make the elephant sound

what a view

right before intermission...starting to lose interest

No comments:

Post a Comment