Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

the incredible shrinking father

This blog is usually dedicated to our life with our two munchkins, but what kind of wife would I be if I didn't dedicate today's blog to my husband. D, at one point, got up to 262 pounds. To his credit, it was after one heck of a major surgery...so major he was in the hospital for 6 days and unable to do any type of exercise for several months. So naturally the weight piled on. When The Mayor was born in October 2007, D was between 250 and 260 pounds. He dropped almost 30 pounds just by dieting alone, cutting back on portions and eliminating sweets. By the time Love Bug was born in March 2010, D was down to 230 pounds. 5 1/2 months later, he is now 179 pounds. He is smaller than he was when he graduated high school; in fact, he is about the weight he was when he was a sophomore in high school. He went from wearing a size 38 inch pant and extra-large shirts to wearing a size 32 inch pant and medium shirts. And to top if off, he is racing in his first triathlon in October. We are so proud of him. He is a wonderful role model to our kids and an inspiration to me. He has me doing a workout program that I wouldn't have even attempted to do a few months ago. Hopefully, soon, I will be posting before and after pictures of myself on here. But for now here is our incredible shrinking daddy, 83 pounds lighter!

October 2007 - 260 pounds

March 2010 - 230 pounds

August 2010 - 179 pounds!

yeah baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment