Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

a new beginning

We are at a huge turning point in our family...the end of one era and the beginning of a new one. The Mayor is about to transition from toddler to preschooler. With his first day of preschool just 2 days away (yes, I have stocked up on my kleenex in anticipation), he had his "meet the teacher" at his school today. We have been talking up his school and reminding him of his teacher's name for the past several days. He ran into that school so excited until we got to his classroom. Then the brakes came on and he stopped at the door, turned around and buried his head in my leg. So I took the lead, went into his room and talked about all the fun toys in this room and he reluctantly decided to follow. Then he saw the toys...

The fear seemed to immediately disappear. He played with the plastic food, then went to the toy cars, then made his way to the legos and then stumbled over to the playdough table. He thought the playdough was awesome. He has never seen the stuff before and I believe playdough will now make its way onto his birthday or Christmas wish list.

The true test will be Thursday morning when we walk him to his classroom and say goodbye. I am going to do everything in my power to keep the tears from falling until I have cleared his classroom door. No need in having both of us melting down in his class...



No comments:

Post a Comment