Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

a solid effort

I told D earlier in the week that we were going to start potty training The Mayor this weekend. We are going to "bite the bullet" I believe were my exact words. And the plan was to wake up Saturday morning, put The Mayor in big boy underwear, expect accidents but hope he would hate being wet and this would trigger him to request to use the potty. After one hour in big boy underwear, 2 trips to the potty that produced absolutely zero and a request by The Mayor to get back into diapers, I considered the potty training a bust and put the big boy underwear into the drawer. Then it dawned on me, thank goodness. It is so easy to just have him in diapers. I don't have to worry about being deep into Publix with a grocery cart full of food, Love Bug in the Baby Bjorn and The Mayor telling me he has to go to the bathroom NOW or being in the car running errands and hearing him tell me he has to go to the bathroom NOW and trying to figure out where to pull over and get 2 kids out of the car. If he has to go to the bathroom NOW, he can, right in his diaper. I know for a fact he won't start kindergarten in a diaper, so it will happen, eventually.

one of our two attempts to use the potty...at least he doesn't scream anymore when we put him on the potty...see, progress

cool cat...ready for the pool

daddy's girl

No comments:

Post a Comment