Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

school days

This morning started exactly as I knew it would. The Mayor had to be woken up to get our day started. Why is it when you want your child to sleep in they wake up early, but when you need them to wake up at their usual time because you have somewhere to be, all of a sudden they are sleeping like a 16 year old boy. A little after 8:00, we walked into his bedroom and he was still sleeping soundly, and he was not happy to be woken up from his slumber. And for the first time in the 2 years and 9 1/2 months The Mayor has been on this Earth, that boy climbed back into bed, covered himself up and told me he wanted to go back "nite nite". I just laughed...of course you do.

After a small battle, he finally agreed to be changed into his clothes and we were off downstairs for breakfast. Of course, he didn't want to eat. He wanted to play. So after I fed Love Bug, we loaded up in the car to drop Love Bug at Meega's house and then off to school. We had to bribe The Mayor just to get him to eat his breakfast in the car. I am not sure what was going on with him today...maybe he was nervous? But I don't think he really understood what school was and what exactly was going to happen...who knows.

I fought back tears while we pulled into the parking lot. And I really fought back tears while I watched The Mayor and D walk side by side into the school. We made our way through the crowded halls of parents and kids and made our way to his classroom. And my child, the one who still cries when we drop him off at church nursery, ran right into his classroom and started playing. I didn't even get to kiss him and tell him good-bye.


D and I watched him play from the window in the hall that looks into his classroom and I just couldn't believe my little boy was in his classroom playing and he didn't even cry for me. We ended up standing in the hall too long because he noticed us watching him...then he started crying. Which I will admit, made me feel good. He hadn't completely forgotten about me! D and I bolted out of the school and luckily ran into a friend of mine who agreed to go peek in on his class and came back to tell me he had already stopped crying and was back playing.

he immediately ran into his classroom and went right to this table and started playing

playing with playdough

1:00 could not have gotten here fast enough. I was so eager to go get my boy. And we got a great report from his teacher. She said he did great and was all boy! He was non-stop playing, and it was obvious. He was so tired. He came home and slept for 3 hours. So happy tomorrow isn't a school day and I get my boy all to myself. And if this has to be hard on someone, I would much rather it be me than him. Thank goodness I still have my sweet Love Bug to cuddle with. I do not know what I am going to do when she goes to preschool. Luckily I have a few years before I need to worry about that.

of course we went out for ice cream after dinner to celebrate a great first day at school

that's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment