Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 15, 2010

2nd tooth and breathing treatments

Love Bug is getting a partner for her loner of a bottom tooth...its neighbor has finally cut through! Sweet girl has half of her 2nd bottom tooth visible...and she is cute!! It hasn't slowed her down one bit either. To be honest, I would have never known she was teething without seeing the top of the white chomper. She hasn't been fussy (thank you Jesus) nor has she been biting (and considering we are still nursing, another thank you to Jesus).

I took The Mayor to the doctor this morning because we can not seem to get rid of his cough. Going on a month here, felt it was time to get the doctor to have another look. Wouldn't you know, he has an ear infection in one ear (which I had just said to D last night after The Mayor literally just fell over his own two feet, "wonder if he has an ear infection, his balance seems to be off" guess I should have gone to med school) and he needed a breathing treatment because he was wheezing. I am one of the few people amongst my friends who has never had to have a breathing treatment for my child. And I wish I was still one of those. You would have thought they were ripping out The Mayor's toenails one by one the way he screamed during the treatment. I was literally bear hugging him with one arm to keep him from pulling the mask off, while using the other arm to keep the mask over his mouth. My leg was wrapped around his legs so he couldn't thrash around. He and I were both in a full-on, dripping down his head and dripping down my back sweat. Poor Love Bug started crying because her brother was crying so loudly, so thankfully one of the nurses took her out of her stroller and walked her around until the nightmare was over. We left there with a prescription for an antibiotic for the ear infection and an inhaler for the cough.

Our inhaler treatment (with the chamber and duck mask) went OK this evening. Took a lot of bribing with some Skittles but he finally agreed to sit in my lap and breath it in. Can't wait until we get to do it all over again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment