Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 5, 2010

wonder

Today, D and I took the kids out for lunch. And afterwards, we took The Mayor to Publix to pick out a cookie. Not one of the free cookies, but one from the bakery case. As I sat in the car with Love Bug and watched one excited Mayor run into the store with his daddy running beside him, I wondered...is The Mayor as excited about life as I am to watch him live life through his eyes. Picking out his own cookie...so simple yet brought him so much excitement. I loved watching him run with his mop-top hair bouncing up and down. And seeing him run back to the car while yelling "momma momma" because he wanted to show me the bag holding his enormous cookie. Something so small, something he will not even remember when he is older, but it almost brought me to tears. I love the simplicity of him and his sister. The smallest things in life are what make them the happiest. If only we continued to live that way as we got older. I learn so much from my little peanuts...

1 comment: