Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

inside the mind of the mayor

After reading a bedtime story to The Mayor, I had him lying on my shoulder while we rocked. The room was utterly quiet. All of a sudden, The Mayor burst into laughter. And it was the type of "old man" laughter where you have that wheezing sound coming from your throat because you are laughing so hard it is difficult to catch your breath. He sat up, looked at me, and started laughing again. Every time I asked him what was so funny, he started the "old man" laugh again. The laughter was contagious and we both just sat there cracking up over nothing. He was laughing so hard he snorted, covered his mouth with both hands in comedic horror and continued with the guttural laughing. Oh how I wish I knew what was going on in his mind that caused the spontaneous laughing. I know I will never know, but I was happy to be part of it with him.

This was a great way to end another great day. A beautiful sunny day with The Mayor in school, Love Bug and I having lunch with a friend, naps, dinner as a family and great play time with the kids before bed. D has work tomorrow and then he is off until the Monday after Thanksgiving. Can not wait for 2 full weekends sandwiched around a full week with the 4 of us at home together. I love this time of year.





No comments:

Post a Comment