Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 26, 2010

my favorite

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Always has been. The feeling I get each year knowing I get to spend it with the family I love, eating delicious food, watching football, telling stories and laughing just brings me such joy. And I love Thanksgiving because it kicks off the official start of Christmas.

This was our year to stay in Atlanta and spend the day with my family. After D ran in the half-marathon that morning (which he finished in the top 10% - I could not be more proud of him!) we hung out at home with the kids. After naps, we headed to Mamie and PopPop's to hang out, watch football and eat delicious food. This year was extra special because Aunt Amy, Uncle Wes and Sydney were in town and this was the first time all 4 kids were together. The four of them could not have had more fun together. We are so blessed. The kids played so well together and did a fantastic job of wearing each other out. The Mayor was sound asleep 5 minutes after we got home and Love Bug immediately followed.

At 8:00 last night, I picked up my friend Tiffany and we headed out to start our Black Friday shopping. We hit the first store before 8:30 PM and I pulled into my driveway at 10:30 AM this morning. 14 1/2 hours of shopping. Exhausted doesn't begin to describe how tired I really am but it was such an adrenaline rush being out in the middle of the night and saving hundreds of dollars. Seriously. I saved us so much money that it made every line worth it. And if I save money every year like I did this year, I will definitely continue doing this. Thankfully I had fantastic company and it made the night so much fun.

Tomorrow we are going to venture out to get our Christmas tree and finish decorating the house. This time of year makes me so happy...and so thankful to be so blessed to have two beautiful children, a husband who makes me a better person and a family who loves me and my family unconditionally.

The Mayor teaching Love Bug how to perfect the art of crawling

PopPop trying to teach Love Bug to walk

Love Bug and Sydney

our attempt at a picture with the four cousins...this was the best one

Love Bug and Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment