Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

the day at the dentist


Today The Mayor and Love Bug had a dentist appointment.  Today was also Love Bug's first dentist appointment...and I forgot my camera!!!  I feel like a horrible mother.  I documented The Mayor's first appointment  and didn't even realize I hadn't documented Love Bug's first dental visit until we were loaded up and already pulling into our driveway.

Love Bug did just as I expected - awesome.  She just sat there and let the dentist look in her mouth and clean her teeth.  She didn't flinch, wiggle, cry or squirm.  She just sat there holding a 'Winnie the Pooh' sticker in her hand while the dentist did his job.  And of course, the dental hygienists were just in love with out little girl.  Miss Priss is quite the charmer.

The Mayor did awesome too.  I was so proud of him.  Our last visit was quite a stressful one; The Mayor wasn't interested in letting the dentist anywhere near his mouth.  So for this visit, we talked a lot about what was going to happen and I brought his weighted blanket with us, just in case he needed it.  And he never did.  I gave him the option to let his sister go first but he said he wanted to go first.  He sat up in the chair and let the dentist look in his mouth, clean his teeth and floss.  The dentist was very proud of The Mayor and we both made sure he knew it.

The rest of the day was happily uneventful.  And you won't find me complaining about that.

happy until she realized I was taking her picture...

...crying "put the camera away"


The Mayor laughing/trying to console her




No comments:

Post a Comment