Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

easter 2012


I don't know what it is about this holiday, but this holiday tends to stress me out more than the others.  And it shouldn't.  As a Christian, Easter is our High Holiday.  It is the most important holiday.  Even more than Christmas.  Anyone can be born but only One could die and come back to life...for me...and for you.    On Easter, everyone is expected to be at their Sunday best.  We buy Easter dresses, we buy coordinating outfits, we make sure the men's ties match the son's tie.  I love Easter but all of the dress-up is a little bit too pomp and circumstance for me.  And it stresses me out.  I immediately get on edge because we don't have the "perfect" family picture.  We went through all of this trouble to get dresses and look our finest and then we aren't going to get a picture?!  And as my twitching started to occur because of the stupid pictures, D said "this isn't what Easter is about".

So again, I talked myself out of my stupid and ridiculous funk about dumb pictures and again reminded myself of what this holiday is truly about.

And today I am most excited that after our bedtime prayers, The Mayor said "amen" without being prompted.

We did end up having an amazing Easter (with the exception of my stupid 5 minute freak out about the picture).  We had church this morning, followed by a nap for Love Bug while D and The Mayor played outside and then we all went to Mamie and PopPop's for Easter dinner.  Meega, J and Bennett were also there.  The kids, as usual, had such a blast playing together.  We all ate more than we should have and the kids definitely ate more sugar than needed...but it was worth it.

We stayed until almost 8:00 so our munchkins were exhausted.  Bedtime was a breeze since both were so tired and both kids were asleep about 5 minutes after their doors were shut.

Tomorrow it's back to reality.  Spring break is over and life gets back to normal.  The Mayor has his OT sessions tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday are school days and Wednesday The Mayor and Love Bug have a dentist appointment.  Kind of dreading that day...




the boys running off some sugar

Love Bug watching the crazy boys run




a water break

No comments:

Post a Comment