Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

touch-a-truck and date night


Love Bug woke up with a fever.  She wasn't interested in eating but was interested in drinking lots of fluids.  The Mayor, Love Bug and I just lounged around this morning while D was out training with some buddies for their next triathlon.  Even though Love Bug had a fever and wasn't eating, she was playing and acting like her normal self.  So I decided to take them to lunch while we waited for D and then we were going to take them to Alpharetta for their annual Touch-a-Truck.

Love Bug actually ate lunch, which was her first meal since breakfast the day before, and was in a great mood.  She kept telling me she was tired but then told me she wanted to see the trucks.  So we met D back at home and headed to Touch-a-Truck.  It was just as fun as the last time we went, but it was hot!  The thermometer read 74 degrees but it felt like 90.  We hit the big trucks: the Coca-Cola semi, an ambulance, a fire engine, a police motorcycle and some other random truck before we made our way to the bounce houses.  The Mayor wanted to go down this inflatable slide that was about 50 feet tall.  It made me queasy seeing him climb the ladder to the top...I just had a vision of him falling and taking all of the kids behind him out.  And the slide was so steep and fast I barely got a picture of him zooming down.  He loved it and would have spent all day there.

The kids were starting to get tired from the day and the heat so we got some frozen yogurt, which Love Bug was not interested in, so I then got snow cones.  Those were a hit.

We got home in time for the kids to go down for late naps and I ran some errands while the kids and D slept.  The Mayor woke up around 5:00 and he and I went out for our mommy/son date.  We went to Barnes and Noble for a couple of hours and played with the train table, the Lego table and picked out some books.  We then walked around outside and spent some time throwing pennies into the water fountain.  Our reservation at Chick-fil-a was for 7:30 (I tried to get the 5:30 or 6:30 slots but they were reserved).  The Mayor and I enjoyed a delicious dinner and he was thrilled he got a gold crown and balloon sword.  When they put the crown on him, he looked at me and said "I'm a prince!" And after they gave him his sword, he said "I'm a pirate, arg!" After dinner we walked around Target and he got to stay up until 9:30.  What a great night.  I loved having one-on-one time with my sweet little man.  And he loved being the only one getting all of the attention.  I can't wait until our next date.

D and Love Bug enjoyed their time together.  D spoiled her with lots of love...especially since her fever spiked again.  Looks like she and D will be missing church in the morning.  I hate it when my babies are sick.

this truck's horn was very loud so The Mayor kept his ears covered

he wanted to pull the cord which blew the horn, so he asked the driver if he would cover his ears for him...love him

in the back of the ambulance...praying this is the one and only time they will ever be in the back of one of these

in the fire engine

in the fire engine

he loved being on this police motorcycle

sweet Love Bug

the slide

see what I mean?  I just knew that little girl was going to be pummeled when The Mayor came toppling backwards

speeding down the slide

ice cream break

getting ready for our date night

No comments:

Post a Comment