Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a 2 person job

It became abundantly obvious to me tonight why God made Adam and Eve and said His plan was for children to be born only in wedlock...it's because parenthood is designed to be a 2 person job. I am good to be on my own from whenever we wake up until 5:30PM Monday through Friday. But every second after 5:30 we are on our own, the wheels start to fall off.

Daddy had a one day meeting in Montgomery today. The good news was it wasn't an overnight trip; the bad news was he was going to be home after bedtime. Ok, I can do this...first time to do this with 2 kids...but I can do this...

Love Bug took a nap just after The Mayor woke up from his. So I was able to spend some one-on-one time with him. Luckily, a friend from my MOM's club brought us dinner so I didn't have to worry about cooking so The Mayor and I ate dinner together in peace. At least it started that way because shortly after we started eating was when Love Bug decided to wake up from her nap. And wouldn't you know it, she wasn't going to stop crying unless she was being held. After dinner was bath time...and the thought definitely crossed my mind to skip bath time, but I told myself to not be a quitter. My son was getting a bath tonight. So I gave him a bath while trying to entertain a crying Love Bug at the same time. Bath time was especially short tonight.

Both kids cuddled in on my lap and shoulder while we read books. The Mayor didn't love this part of the evening. This is his one-on-one time with us before he goes to bed. He wasn't excited to be sharing this with his sister...especially since she was crying because she wanted to eat (oh yeah, did I mention that during The Mayor's bath time and bed time was when she was supposed to be eating?) We read two books and then I gave him kisses and put him down for the night. As soon as I closed his door, he started crying. Thankfully she stopped long enough to be put down so I could go back in there and give him some cuddle time on his own. That was all he wanted...broke my heart. After some cuddling and kisses, he went down like a champ.

Guess who walked through the door 5 minutes after I put The Mayor down? Daddy. Thankfully I survived and even more thankful that tomorrow we will both be here for the night time routine.

*The above picture was actually taken yesterday...never got the camera out for today...oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment