Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

lunch with daddy

Rainy Tuesday...just what the doctor ordered. It rained just long enough and hard enough where my car is no longer yellow and the pollen was washed away. I have lived here long enough to know not to break out the pom-poms and start cheering yet...tomorrow morning the nice layer of yellow will be back. But at least today we got a break. Just a few more weeks of this stuff and then we can get on to enjoying spring...without the runny nose, itchy eyes and nagging coughs.

To celebrate this rainy day, and avoid cabin fever, we ventured downtown to see D at work. The Mayor was so excited when his daddy greeted us in the lobby. The Mayor put on a show for all of his daddy's colleagues, walking from cube to cube to see what "toys" they all had for him to play with. Don't underestimate The Mayor...he found several balls to throw around with people and lots of cushy toys with his daddy's company logo on them to play with. After The Mayor greeted everyone and they all got to meet Love Bug, we went to a fantastic Irish Pub downtown. It took every fiber of my being not to order the fish and chips...I was good, I ordered a salad. I was bound and determined not to cheat on only my 2nd day of being on a diet. It was tough. Especially when my beloved husband ordered the fish and chips. I did have a bite and it was every bit as wonderful as I knew it would have been. I told him when I reach my mini-milestone, we will be back for me to order that dish as my reward.

The Mayor fell asleep on the way home, about 2 miles from the house. I carried a very tired, and heavy, boy up the stairs and put him down for a nice nap. Shortly after that, Meega called. She was around the corner with Bennett and coming over! They found a house they love about 5 miles from us. She wanted to wait at my house until Uncle J got off work and he was going to meet her at the new house. I am trying not to get too excited...but having them 5 miles away WOULD BE AWESOME!

Tomorrow will be a fun day. The Mayor has his sport class in the morning and then I think we will hit a playground. He has been on Claritin for a week now, so I am hoping he will be fine with the pollen. Gotta love spring in Atlanta...

No comments:

Post a Comment