Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

he melts my heart

I love The Mayor. And I love being the mother to a son. And I am so happy God says "no" to prayers sometimes. When we first found out we were pregnant with The Mayor, I prayed for a daughter. I have a sister, so I knew what to do with girls. I didn't know anything about raising a boy. So I prayed for a daughter. God knew better. And 'Thank You' to God for knowing so.

The Mayor has such a sweet spirit. Tonight we got home around 9PM from picking him up at PopPop and Mamie's house. This is about 1 1/2 hours past his bedtime. D went upstairs to change The Mayor's diaper and then brought The Mayor back out to say goodnight to me. D had to prompt The Mayor to say goodnight to me and say I love you. Then he prompted The Mayor to say goodnight to his sister, which he did. And then without being prompted, The Mayor said "I love you" to her. I had to fight back the tears. Hearing his sweet voice saying I love you to his sister...just melted my heart. I love that boy.

The Mayor keeps me on my toes and I wouldn't have it any other way. He loves life and his energy is contagious. He brings such a joy into my life.

Thank you to God for saying "no" to my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment