Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

5 minutes worth of damage

This is how I left my sweets this morning when I was off to my dear friend's wedding shower. I just knew D would have it easy...I mean, isn't this always how it is? I am home all week, and for the most part everything is ok, but there are always parts of the day where one of them is crying when the other one needs something too, I want to pull my hair out....etc....I could go on and on...

Anyway...I just knew that today would be the day where the stars would align and the babes would both be angels and D would think everyday for me is a walk in the park. So my heart smiled a little on the inside when he told me what had happened this morning.

He left The Mayor upstairs in his playroom to play while he came downstairs to warm up Love Bug's bottle. This is something I do frequently...The Mayor does very well playing in his playroom by himself for several minutes. The mistake: D left the playroom door open, which leads to The Mayor's bathroom...do you see where this is going???

D became concerned when it was very quiet upstairs. He no longer heard any toys being played with. So he went upstairs to find The Mayor, standing on his step stool, at his sink, with his cup, filling it up and pouring it on the floor. He said there was water everywhere. All over the carpet, the counter, the mirror, inside the drawers, inside the cabinets, inside the shower/toilet area of his bathroom...and of course, all over The Mayor. Damage like this, I was left wondering how long was he up there? 30 minutes?? Nope, he was up there for less than 5 minutes. Amazing what a 2 1/2 year old can accomplish in less than 5 minutes. I only wished D had taken the camera upstairs and captured this...one day this will be a hysterical story and I am going to wish I could have seen it. For now, I will just enjoy that D had "one of those days" with the kiddos and I am on the receiving end of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment