Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

buddha and busted lips

At the mall today, a woman said Love Bug was a cute little Buddha baby. And she really is...she now looks every bit of the 12 pounds she now weighs. She has filled out so much; she is getting delicious fat rolls on her thighs and her belly is becoming a little Buddha belly. So cute! This week I am going to get out her 3-6 month clothes and get them washed. She can still fit into her 0-3 month clothes, but at this rate, she could wake up any morning and not fit into any of her clothes. So I need to make sure I have the next size ready to go!

The Mayor is all boy. And I will be lucky if I get through his toddler/preschool years with all of his teeth still in tact. On the way to loading up the van to go to the mall, The Mayor tripped over his own feet and got another busted lip. I seriously can not count how many fat lips that boy has had since he has started walking. Oh well, the boo-boo bunny worked its magic and within 15 seconds of the bunny being on his lip, he forgot all about his fall.

We went to the Mall of Georgia to let The Mayor play in the huge outdoor fountain. He was so excited to have been given the freedom of running through the fountain; however, the second he touched the water, he ran back to us and said "cold!". So he grabbed his daddy's hand and off the two of them went into the cold water. Love Bug and I stayed behind and cheered them on.

After naps, we took a nice long walk along the greenway. Love Bug and The Mayor had no desire to sit in the double jogging stroller. Love Bug hitched a ride in the Baby Bjorn (worn lovingly by her daddy) and The Mayor could not believe we were letting him walk, on his own, without having to hold our hands. The smile on his face and watching that sweet boy just run and run made my struggling during the 3 mile walk so worth it. We stopped to look at the "frefee flowers" (pretty flowers) and wave to all of the walkers and cyclists that passed us (he is after all, The Mayor). He probably made it about one mile before he started tiring out. But that one mile was wide open...I think he ran the entire way (with the exception of the few stops we made to greet people and look at the flowers). He finally agreed to get in the stroller (which was a good thing...I was beginning to feel like an idiot pushing an empty double jogging stroller). These kids have it so good...I would have killed to have gotten into that stroller and have someone push me. Do these things come in adult sizes? Someone should really invent that...

my pretty girl

I could just eat these cheeks

running through the water...such a good daddy


taking a breather

No comments:

Post a Comment