Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

if only

If only I was as good at predicting what was going to happen in my life as I am at predicting what kind of mood my kids are going to be in. I totally called it...2 days of doing "nothing" in a row would cause The Mayor to break. And boy did he ever...

The day started out great. He and I had a great morning, we ate breakfast and then had about an hour of cuddle time watching Sesame Street before Love Bug woke up. He played quietly in his playroom while I got her up and fed. Then all 3 of us hung out in the playroom. Love Bug sat in the Bumbo seat for the first time and loved sitting up and watching her brother play with his toys. And he loved showing her his toys and trying to entertain her. She went down for a nap about the time he sat down to eat lunch. He napped after that and then she woke up. Not a whole lot of down time for me today since when one was awake the other was asleep and vice versa but at least everyone was happy. Until nap time for The Mayor was over. You want to ensure your child has a temper tantrum? Schedule the heating and air guy to come in the afternoon between 2 and 5. And then make sure he is running late...and then make sure someone calls you on the phone...and then make sure your baby starts to cry. This is a recipe for the toddler temper tantrum. The Mayor screamed...and I mean screamed for at least 20 minutes. I ended up putting Love Bug in her crib and praying she would fall asleep just so I could have both hands free to try and calm him down. He screamed when I tried to calm him down and he screamed when I left him alone in the room. The heating and air guy said "your son is mad". Really Captain Obvious? What gave it away?

Tomorrow we have lots planned so this little boy will hopefully have a much better day.

such a big girl!

the morning calm before the afternoon storm

No comments:

Post a Comment