Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

thumbsuckers

We are a household of thumbsuckers. And I love it. I don't care if it means my kid will need braces...I mean seriously, what kid doesn't need braces these days? Thumbsuckers are 1) adorably cute and 2) they can self-pacify themselves. And that is a beautiful thing.

Love Bug found her thumb today. I knew she was going to be a thumbsucker; she sucked her thumb in the womb (we saw it on an ultrasound) and she always sucks on the side of her fist. So it was just a matter of time before she figured out she had to poke her thumb out of her fist for it to be successful. The Mayor did the same thing, he sucked the side of his fist and finally figured out to stick his thumb out. The Mayor found his thumb at 4 months, Love Bug found hers at 3 months. And the really sweet part of this is the sleeper Love Bug was wearing this morning when she found her thumb is the exact same sleeper The Mayor was wearing the day he found his thumb. I am going to have that sleeper framed in a shadow box! (Not really, but I will be keeping that sleeper...you can count on that).

Posting this picture for two reasons: the first is 20 years ago today my mother passed away, so I wanted to post a picture of me and my mommy. The second reason is look at me in this picture and then look at The Mayor in the pictures below...scary how much we look alike.



No comments:

Post a Comment