Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

animals on parade

This morning was the Fall Parade at The Mayor's school. Instead of dressing him in this year's costume (Buzz Lightyear) I decided to put him last year's costume (puppy dog). I did this for two reasons: 1. They asked the kids to be dressed in easy to remove costumes since after the parade the kids would be taking them off. It doesn't get much easier than a bubble costume 2. I am not all that confident in the quality of the Buzz Lightyear costume and need it to be in one piece for Halloween night.

The Mayor did well. He walked with his class and didn't try to run off. I was so proud. But he wasn't wearing his doggy hood and he never smiled. He didn't look like he was all that thrilled to be marching around the school with hundreds of strangers staring at him. As much as I wanted to yell his name and get him to smile at me, I stayed hidden behind my camera. I just knew if he saw me, he would run to me and never agree to go back to his class for the day. I will absolutely show him all of the pictures I took when he gets home so he knows I was there. Can't have my child thinking his mommy wasn't there supporting him!

Now I am enjoying the peace and quiet of our home. Love Bug is napping and I am doing laundry. This morning will be a lazy laundry day. Love the lazy, hate the laundry. But it's a give and take.

waiting to see her brother in the parade

i love this face...he doesn't look thrilled to be in this parade

No comments:

Post a Comment