Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

sleeping in and catching up

I have a "to-do" list a mile long in preparation of The Mayor's 3rd birthday party this weekend. And if you know me, you know I LOVE making lists. I will write something down on my to-do list that I have already completed just so I can cross it off. Yesterday I made a list and outlined which tasks needed to be completed and on which day. Today's tasks were: grocery shopping, cleaning the house, making a dessert for our small group tonight (which was being hosted at our home) and making cupcakes for The Mayor's class tomorrow for the class snack to celebrate his birthday. I had envisioned getting a start on our grocery shopping by 9:30 AM, but when Love Bug was still sound asleep at 10:30, I knew we would be way behind schedule.

Sweet girl usually sleeps until 9:30 sometimes 10:00...unless I have to wake her up because it is a school day for The Mayor. And because she usually misses her morning nap on non-school days because we are going to play dates, I decided this morning would be about her. She didn't make a peep until 10:30 and that was ok with me.

She was all smiles while being carried around Publix in the Baby Bjorn and ready to go down for her nap the second we got home by noon. She slept right on through lunch and didn't wake up until 5:00. She got up, ate dinner and went back to bed for the night at 7:30. She was tired and catching up on her sleep.

I accomplished all of my tasks for the day. Tomorrow are more tasks to get ready for the party on Saturday...can't wait!

first time they both sat in the grocery cart together...made it to aisle 4 before she went into the Baby Bjorn

love this gorgeous girl

No comments:

Post a Comment