Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

he did it!

D's first triathlon was this morning...and man, it was awesome! PopPop, Meega, Uncle J and Bennett came to cheer D on. And that made it even more awesome. It was an early morning but totally worth it. D had to be there at 5:30 AM and his age group started at 7:34 AM. I woke up two sleeping babies so we could get there in time.

I was a nervous wreck for two reasons: 1. I was running about 15 minutes behind schedule this morning and was so nervous we were going to miss seeing D start and 2. I was just nervous for him. But I got there with time to spare...I was really nervous during his open water swim and the bike portion. Once I saw him return from the bike and he was on his way with the run, I settled down. It was a 400 yard swim, 13 mile bike and a 5K run. According to his watch, he finished in 1 hour 14 minutes and 47 seconds! His goal was to finish under an hour and a half...and he did it! We are still waiting on the official time to be posted for him...but we are so proud.

Even scarier...this has kind of inspired me to attempt this triathlon next year. I am going to take the full year to get ready...and Lord knows I will need that year. I am so out of shape!

We are so proud of you D...you were awesome today!

and they're off!

coming out of the water on his way to the transition point

done with the bike...on his way to transition to get ready for the run

almost done...a few yards from the finish line!

so proud of our D

No comments:

Post a Comment