Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 22, 2010

what. a. day.

Today is going to go down in Love Bug's baby book as the day she started crawling. She mostly moves backwards (cute as heck!!) but today, she actually got her little legs moving under her and crawled about 4 paces before falling to her belly. She was equally proud and frustrated. Proud she made some movement but frustrated she couldn't go further. Don't worry sweet girl...something tells me you will be moving like lightning before the weekend is over.

Bennett showing Love Bug how it's done

My morning started at 7 AM and has been non-stop until this very moment...and to be honest, I still have a couple of small things left to do to be officially done with my "to-do" list.

7:30 AM The Mayor and I were heading downstairs for breakfast and to get the day started. By 8 AM the first cake was put into the oven (and you read it right...first cake). By 9 AM, when the first cake wouldn't come out of the mold...the second cake started being made. Thank the good Lord the second cake came out of the mold perfectly and we were able to keep trucking through the list.

A HUGE thank you to Meega for coming over today and helping me with this list. She was here from 10 AM until after 4 PM and then she was back at 7:45 tonight and just left. There is no way I would have completed everything that was completed had she not been here. My sister rocks!

Anyway, cake, cupcakes, dips galore are all made and ready for the morning. There are a few items that need to be done in the morning (fruit needs to be cut and train shaped PB&J sandwiches need to be made) but other than that...we are ready to party!

The best part of tonight was when I was putting Love Bug down for night. I was rocking with her in her glider and while I was nursing her, The Mayor sat on the ottoman and sang songs to me and Love Bug. He sang "twinkle, twinkle little star", "ABCs", "wheels on the bus" and the theme song to "Thomas and Friends". It was precious. And totally made my day.

Can't wait for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment