Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 29, 2010

i loved today

When I woke up after 8:00 this morning and the house was still quiet, I just knew today was going to be a good day. The Mayor used to sleep like his sister...well into mid-morning, but since he has been in his big boy bed, we are usually awake around 7:00. But not the past two mornings...and I am not complaining!

He played quietly in his room until 8:30 which meant I got to stay in bed until 8:30. Sweet Love Bug slept until 10:00 and we weren't done with her breakfast until after 10:30. The Mayor played in his playroom while Love Bug sat in her vibrating chair in our bathroom while I got ready for the day. By 11:15, we were heading out the door for a Target run.

The Mayor's school is participating in Operation Christmas Child this year. Each student is asked to bring in a wrapped shoe box filled with toiletries, small toys, crayons, markers, gum, candy, etc for a boy or girl in a particular age group. I talked to The Mayor this morning about how blessed he and his sister are with all of their toys and how not every boy or girl is as blessed so we were going to buy a little boy some fun items for Christmas. He kept responding with "yes" and "ok" during our conversation, but I am not sure he completely understood. But that is ok...we will continue to do this every year and he will eventually get it.

At Target, I put Love Bug in the cart and let The Mayor walk around the store with me. He helped me pick out toys and items for this special boy...I wanted The Mayor to feel like he was participating. He had such a great time picking toy cars, crayons, toothbrushes, bouncy balls, cards and other items for the box. D and I have always wanted to instill in our children the importance of volunteering and giving back to the community and you can never start too early.

When we got into the car a little after noon, I had a voicemail from D. He was on his way home and wanted to meet us for lunch. What an awesome surprise! We met at one of our new favorite restaurants and had a great lunch together. Lunch was followed by long naps, dinner and playtime.

This weekend promises to be cool and sunny...finally some nice fall weather. We have the Georgia/Florida game tomorrow afternoon and Halloween on Sunday. Can't wait to get our trick-or-treat on!

Funny story about The Mayor: while I was making dinner, I heard Love Bug's convertible car being played with. I turned around to see The Mayor playing with it, which is normal, he usually pushes it around (and asks if he can ride in it...which we tell him 'no' because he is too big for it). Today he figured out how to get into it by himself...and came 'driving' around the corner. He is so big for it that he was 'driving' the car with his knees. Instead of telling him AGAIN he was too big to be in the car, I grabbed the camera. I love this boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment