Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 17, 2010

a christmas surprise

We started the morning the best way I can think of...sleeping in. I had a late night last night because of an ornament exchange with some friends and as I crawled into bed at 1AM I just knew The Mayor would be my wake up call before 7AM. We are lucky if he sleeps past 7:30/7:45 anymore (since being in his big boy bed) and the thought of being up before 7 made me want to cry. So when I woke up at 8:18 to a perfectly quiet home, I wondered what was going on for about 1.3 seconds, rolled back over, counted my blessings and fell back asleep. The Mayor slept until 8:45, which means I slept until 8:45...so happy!

After our sleep in we ate breakfast, dropped the teacher's gifts off at The Mayor's school and went shopping for a sectional. The kids and I headed to the outlets to check their inventory (found nothing), went to Meega's to play with Bennett, ate lunch with them and then headed downtown to meet D to check a store called "The Dump". Sounds horrible but it is awesome. A huge warehouse of furniture and decorative items at rock bottom prices. They were having a 0% interest for 24 months and free home delivery sale this weekend only, so it was worth a look. And wouldn't you know it, we found one we love. It will be here Sunday!

During our venture out today, we got a call from Big Daddy. They will be here tomorrow night and if we play our cards right, we might be able to convince them to stay through Christmas. I think their plan is to stay until Wednesday but I have no problem using my children to attempt to guilt MeMe and Big Daddy to staying and spending Love Bug's first Christmas with us. Looking forward to having them here and having family around for the week. What a great surprise to an already great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment