Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

5th member of the family

This beauty is the newest member to the family. And I know it is wrong to love an inanimate object but I really love this couch. It is hands down the most comfortable piece of furniture we have ever own...even more than our bed. And if it wouldn't put a huge rift in our marriage, I would recommend sleeping on this bad boy each night. But more than the comfort of this newest addition to our basement family room is my excitement for what it represents. When D and I went looking for a sectional for the family room, we envisioned many family nights where D, The Mayor, Love Bug and I would curl up on this couch and watch movies and just enjoy being together. Tonight we had our first family movie night. After bath time, we hunkered down in the basement to watch "Cars". The Mayor cuddled up with D on the chaise portion of the couch (D's assigned seat) and Love Bug and I cuddled in at the corner piece of the couch (my assigned seat). As we watched the movie, I just looked at the four of us and was so happy. After such a busy 2 weeks with Christmas and family it was so nice to just be quiet and enjoy cuddling with our sweets.

Aunt Nat and the crew rolled out around lunch time and just as expected, we had one sad little boy. The Mayor burst into tears as he watched his cousins walk to the car and drive away. I am sure he will be asking for Luke and Trey for days.

The rest of the afternoon was spent being lazy and enjoying the quiet of the house. I am hoping several days of no plans will get The Mayor well rested where his head isn't bobbing up and down from almost falling asleep while eating dinner at the table.

It is hard to see in the picture, but The Mayor is almost comatose here. He was just staring off with half open eyes while he ate. He was so tired.

Such a big girl! Becoming a pro at pulling herself up



No comments:

Post a Comment