Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 6, 2010

love it when that happens

We had a great surprise today, D came home early. He had a Christmas lunch at work and then his boss let them all go home early. We couldn't have been more excited about this gift from his boss. The Mayor literally gasped with excitement when his daddy walked around the corner of his playroom. And from that second until he laid his head down on his pillow to sleep, The Mayor didn't leave his daddy's side.

I took advantage of having D home during the afternoon. I addressed all of our Christmas cards and then went to the store to run errands, get stamps and drop the Christmas cards at the blue box...all without kids. I love it when that happens! It is a rarity, as any stay-at-home mama can attest to, to be able to run errands solo. And although I love the day-to-day errand running with my little helpers, you can get so much more done (and do it faster) when you are flying solo. When I got home the kids had already been fed dinner and Love Bug was dressed in her sleeper waiting to be nursed. What a great evening!

While I was out running errands, The Mayor and Love Bug had some great brother/sister bonding time that D captured on film. I love these kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment