Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

o christmas tree

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...how I seriously love you. But you are going to become the bane of my existence.

I am psycho about my Christmas tree...and that is no lie. One year, I dragged D to 7 different locations before we found the perfect tree. I am married to a great man because I'm pretty sure most other people would have left me after the 3rd location. I'm a little like Clark Griswald; I can't put a tree on top of the car until an angelic halo appears around it when I look at it.

My annoyance comes with every single year my tree stops taking in water about 2 weeks before Christmas. When I bend down to turn on the lights, a choir of dropping pine needles hitting the gifts beneath the tree sings out...driving me up a wall. How do you keep a tree from drying up? I have owned a Christmas tree from every store/farm within a 30 mile radius of my home so the common denominator is me. I don't neglect my tree; it is the first thing I check when I come downstairs for the morning. I fill up my pitcher and add water. But the water in my stand right now has been there since Tuesday morning. Is this common?

Oh, but as annoying as it is, I will continue to drag the family to the perfect location to get the perfect tree every year. Nothing beats the smell of a real tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment